Saturday, April 19, 2008

the universe is sending me a different message

i tried sending my dreams of being a writer out to the universe. the law of attraction and all that. but the universe has been sending me a different reply... not the one i expected.

earlier this year, i was willing to give up on my so-called career and try to give my life a makeover. i was planning on taking courses about topics that i care about.. for a change. i was willing to explore the possibility of me as a another person. maybe i wasn't meant for the corporate world. maybe i wasn't fullfilling my destiny. God knows i've been so miserable the past decade.

just as i was going through the finishing touches of my plan in my head, a series of events started to unfold... until i found myself in the midst of the biggest career boost in my 10 year career. before i even knew it, i was assigned to a sensitive position at the office, i was up for interview, i was recommended for a promotion. all these happened withing a couple of weeks. i was just lazily doing my own thing, minding my own business, keeping pretty much to myself when this happened.

so what now?

back to the old grind? put the writing dream in the back seat and start concentrating on "more serious" stuff?

argh!!! just when i thought i had it all figured out!

0 comments: